projection 44

     
I Live in Fear After March 11th by Nina Fischer & Maroan El Sani
Screened after Akira Kurosawa's I Live in Fear 
Cinema 2 / Irish Film Institute / September 29th / 6.15pm


Nina Fischer, Maroan el Sani and Barry Kehoe will introduce the screenings.
In their short film I Live in Fear – After March 11, artists Nina Fischer and Maroan el Sani explore how people continue to deal with the after effects of the Fukushima nuclear disaster. The film reveals the fears and uncertainties surrounding the nuclear catastrophe and threat of radiation, and will be shown after a screening of Kurosawa’s extraordinarily powerful I Live in Fear or Record of a Living Being from 1955.
Curated by Barry Kehoe, this screening takes place in conjunction with an exhibition of Fischer and el Sani’s work at the Mart Gallery in Rathmines.

I LIVE IN FEAR: 103 MINUTES, JAPAN, 1955, BLACK AND WHITE, 35MM SHORT: 29 MINUTES, GERMANY, 2013, COLOUR, HD VIDEO